Monday, November 30, 2009

Miles to go Before we Sleep

One my favorite poems always comes to mind at this time of  the year.

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though:
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.


My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farm house near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.


He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.


The woods are lovely, dark, and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And mile to go before I sleep,
And mile to go before I sleep.


Thank you Robert Frost.

We are almost half way through the school year, but we too have promises to keep and miles to go before we sleep.  But take the time to stop and see what your students have accomplished already this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment